Position: Benefits Billing and Reconciliation Manager
Experience: 5+ Years
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Timing: US (Night shift)
The Benefits Billing and Reconciliation Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Benefits Billing and Reconciliation sub-department, which includes managing a team of up to 10 off-shore Benefits employees. The role involves ensuring client health and ancillary insurance invoices are paid timely, accurately, and reconciled promptly for discrepancy resolution and liability management. The role is responsible for ensuring that the team meets or exceeds established department goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise a team of up to 10 Benefits Billing Specialists.
- Develop, implement and oversee execution of policies and procedures to ensure that all client health and ancillary insurance invoices are paid accurately and in a timely manner.
- Audit insurance carrier generated billings and reconcile those against Vensure's payroll system to process client credits and charges to manage our assets and liabilities.
- Manage customer relationship management software case load for team, including client and employee level health / ancillary deduction audits with back up and explanations.
- Ensure that the team meets or exceeds established department goals and objectives.
- Monitor departmental performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with insurance carriers and other third-party vendors.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to team members to ensure that they have the skills and
knowledge necessary to perform their duties effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other departments within Vensure Employer Solutions to ensure that Benefits Billing and
- Reconciliation is working effectively with other departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional mathematical skills and financial literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Disciplined at following through on all commitments / responsibilities as well as promptly and clearly communicating when support or trade-offs are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in benefits billing and/or insurance billing preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of professionals.