Position: GL (General Ledger) Head
Experience: 10+ Years
This role is part of our client’s Global Controllership team to manage financial close, financial reporting, audit management and processes. The person should have strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements. The position will report to Global Financial Controller.
I. Professional and functional experience
- Professionally qualified (CA) with ~10+ years of corporate experience preferably with leading IT companies or with any of the big four audit firms or US public listed companies.
- Experience in financial reporting under multiple GAAP’s, including setup and streamlining the financial reporting practices.
- Experience in implementing systems, processes to exercise financial control and enhance overall efficiency of the organization
- Experience of working on ERP implementation will be an added advantage.
II. Key Performance Areas
A. Accounting and Reporting
- Overseeing all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Closing Financials for the standalone entities and consolidated group.
- Reporting under various GAAP’s including IFRS, IGAAP, SFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP, etc. for the group entities in various geographies.
- Provide technical expertise and support on various accounting and disclosure matters as per IFRS and local GAAP’s
- Consistently analysing financial data and presenting financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, monitor progress, changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the financial status.
- Publishing financial results (including functional accounts) on a monthly basis to the FP&A team.
- Audit closure at the group level on quarterly basis and local statutory audits of entities as per local requirements.
- Hands on the accounting for Transfer pricing for group, ESOP, Hedge and R&D accounting.
- Enable external reporting as per US markets
B. Compliance and Assurance
- Ensuring zero non-compliance while adhering to laws and regulations and obtaining impartial and unbiased assurance on financial statements.
- Enable financial information for various regulatory, compliance, loan covenants and litigation matters as required by various teams i.e. tax, compliance, etc.
- Ensuring SOX compliance framework
- Manage intra-group transactions including transfer pricing ( along with tax team)
- Drive technology and automations (e.g. enhancing and utilizing software tools to enhance processes and strengthening reporting capabilities like reporting and consolidation tools, workflow automation, expense management, document management and storage etc,)
- Self-starter and ability to work independently, as well as be a team player.
Outcome oriented approach